Sunday, September 13, 2009

Week 3, Thing #5 Explore Flickr

Flickr is an excellent resource for sharing photos and videos with your friends and family. There are many features such as uploading, editing, organizing, sharing, mapping, making stuff, and keeping in touch. I always wondered how sites like mapquest could pinpoint businesses, schools, and restaurants on the maps. This is one feature I discovered on the Flickr site. Perhaps this can be used if I wanted to send invitations out and I wanted to use a map to give very detailed instructions on how to get to my home. What really blew my mind about the site is all the neat items you can make with your photos. Things like cards, photo books, framed prints, dvd's, etc. Check out the link to see for yourself.http://www.flickr.com/tour/makestuff/

No comments:

Post a Comment