Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Week 1, Thing #1 & #2, About/Life Long Learning

I am very excited to go through this Classroom Learning 2.0 Program. The 23 Things will be used to show me innovative web tools. As a future school librarian, I believe it is of the utmost importance to be as tech-savvy as possible. The discovery exercises that follow each of the 23 Things will be used to further enhance my comfort level with this exciting adventure.

I am definately a lifelong learner. I am 30 years old and I can't remeber a time in my life when I wasn't picking up a new skill. I am earning my second Master's Degree within 10 years of gaining my undergraduate degree. If that isn't bad enough, I just earned my insurance license this past summer. Even when I retire, I can see myself learning new languages so I can travel to new and exotic countries. The learning never stops.

According to the presentation, a lifelong learner will possess 7 1/2 Habits. I probably relate the most to Habit #1 "Begin with the end in Mind." I am a very goal-oriented person. I tend to be most successful at accomplishing goals when I have mapped out my plan of action. I had the goal this past summer to gain more volunteer experience in libraries as well as complete two more courses for my MLS, in addition to passing my state insurance exam. I was able to accomplish it all my following a schedule I wrote out at the beginning of summer.

I probably least relate to Habit #3 "View problems as challenges." I usually have a pessimistic attitude about the events that life throws at you. I tend to view them as someone or something trying to derail me. I need to develop a more positive outlook and use them as learning experiences. Everyone goes through obstacles, but it is how you deal with them that will truly determine

No comments:

Post a Comment